Would you like some free tickets to a Toronto Fringe Festival show? Of course you do! Enter to win a pair of two tickets to an upcoming play. You can enter one or enter many of them. Here are the five plays for Thursday, July 5th we are giving tickets away to:
The shows are:
Empire of the Magic Beanstalks – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 4pm show at The Palmerston Theatre (FringeKids!) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Empire of the Magic Beanstalks contest” by 7pm on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
Dina: The Burlapped Crusader – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 6:30 pm show at Theatre Passe Muraille Mainspace (Venue 10) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Dina: The Burlapped Crusader contest” by 7pm on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
snug harbor – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 7:30pm show at The Centre (316 Dupont St.) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “snug harbor contest” by 7pm on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
Life in the Raw – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 10:30 pm show at George Ignatieff Theatre (Venue 6) please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Life in the Raw contest” by 7pm on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
CHARLIE: A Hockey Story – To be entered into the draw for a pair of tickets to the 10:30pm show at The Annex Theatre (Venue 5) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CHARLIE: A Hockey Story contest” by 7pm on Wednesday, July 4, 2012.
From Press release: The Little Mermaid and Rapunzel join forces in an epic and hilarious tale to bring down the corrupt Empire of the Magic Beanstalks, controlled by Jack and his mother, before its pollution destroys the world for good.
This show is full of energy and excitement, with a healthy dose of sarcastic wit and is great fun for audiences of all ages!
This piece plays at the Palmerston Library. Performances: July 05 04:00 PM, July 06 06:15 PM, July 07 11:00 AM, July 08 02:15 PM, July 10 11:00 AM, July 11 04:30 PM, July 13 11:15 AM, July 14 07:30 PM.
From Press release: She’s out to save Toronto – one depressed & decaffeinated citizen at a time. In a city vexed by congestion, pollution, smart phones, and one angry mayor, Toronto cried out for a hero. Dina is that hero! Will you join the cause? Armed with a twitter feed, rain boots, and 5 of her dearest friends, Dina takes on the city as only a girl in burlap can.
The piece plays at Theatre Passe Muraille Mainspace. Performances: July 05 06:30 PM, July 07 02:15 PM, July 08 07:30 PM, July 09 05:15 PM, July 11 09:30 PM, July 12 07:00 PM, July 13 11:30 PM
From Press release: Tracey & her Dad did everything together. Canoed, partied, volunteered. After an unspeakable magic trick,
he disappears. Forever. Best of Toronto Fringe. Audience Choice NYC’s Frigid Fest. CRITIC’S PICK NYC’s Backstage Mag.
This piece plays at the Centre, 316 Dupont St. Performances: July 04 07:30 PM, July 05 07:30 PM, July 06 07:30 PM, July 07 07:30 PM, July 08 03:00 PM, July 10 07:30 PM, July 12 09:30 PM, July 13 07:30 PM, July 14 07:30 PM, July 15 03:00 PM.
From Press release: Music & drama intertwine as 3 sisters dream of a better life in 1930s Montreal. As their mother struggles to keep family dignity and put food on the table, barely hidden secrets and tensions threaten to shatter all their dreams. Set during the Great Depression, a story of love and loss, courage and hope, but most of all love. Based on family memories.
This piece plays at George Ignatieff Theatre. Performances: July 05 10:30 PM, July 07 12:30 PM, July 08 12:30 PM, July 09 04:15 PM, July 11 09:45 PM, July 12 02:15 PM, July 14 09:45 PM.
From Press release: Hockey meets Shakespeare for a rock ‘em, sock ‘em theatrical experience! Jim’s story is about his love of Shakespeare, his father’s love of hockey, and how he learned an important lesson in forgiveness by exploring the old-time hockey career of his uncle, Charlie Sands. “A human story about relationships and perseverance and family …” – Plank Magazine.
This piece plays at the Annex Theatre. Performances: July 05 10:30 PM, July 07 01:45 PM, July 08 05:45 PM, July 10 06:15 PM, July 12 05:15 PM, July 13 02:15 PM, July 15 05:15 PM.
(these will remain the same for each Fringe contest, so take the time to read the list once and you’ll be set)
- The only acceptable form of entry for the contest is by email, sent to email@example.com (Mooney on Theatre will never use your email address for anything other than to reply to the specific contest you entered, and we certainly would never sell it or anything like that)
- Each show counts as its own contest, and each entry must be in a separate email. So, if 5 shows are giving tickets away on a given day, and you want to try for each of them, then you need to send 5 emails.
- Entrants must be available on the day and time listed in the contest. The tickets are available for that showing only, and cannot be transferred to another date.
- The winning entrants will be chosen by a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified by email by 9pm on the day of contest closing and need to confirm their attendance 10am AT THE LATEST the following morning so that their names can be given to the theatre company for tickets to be set aside.
- Photo I.D. may be required to claim the winning tickets.
- Tickets must be picked up 60 to 30 minutes before show time at the venue box office. The box office reserves the right to release any tickets not picked up 15 minutes before show time.
- We ask that all winners provide us with a quick blurb on what they thought of the show, either in the comments section of the press release on Mooney on Theatre, or if it has already been reviewed by Mooney on Theatre in the comments section of that.