From press release
Written and composed by Eliza Musslewhite – who earned critical acclaim for Rounding The Bend at last year’s Toronto Fringe Festival, directed by Michael Rubenstain (Red Headed Coffeeshop Girl) and musical directed by Mark Selby (Starry Notions) – #MannequinGirl: The Musical follows an ordinary girl who becomes “internet famous” when a photo of her being struck by a mannequin goes viral.
Using actual social media interactions to tell the story, #MannequinGirl: The Musical explores the lengths a person will go to maintain an online persona. Think “Kimmie Schmidt meets the Kardashians!”
- Friday July 1st, 01:15 pm
- Saturday July 2nd, 09:15 pm
- Monday July 4th, 10:45 pm
- Wednesday July 6th, 05:15 pm
- Thursday July 7th, 12:00 pm
- Friday July 8th, 08:00 pm
- Saturday July 9th, 11:00 pm
- #MannequinGirl: The Musical plays at the Annex Theatre. (736 Bathurst St)
- Tickets are $10 at the door, $12 in advance. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Fringe Club at Honest Ed’s Alley, and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- This venue is wheelchair-accessible provided you arrive early (at least ~20 minutes) and notify the House Manager you require an accessible route.
Photo of Alyssa Minichillo by Sage Whitworth