From Press Release
Sky Gilbert (3-time Dora Award Winner, and recipient of the Pauline McGibbon Award and Silver Ticket Winner) teams up with Theresa Tova (Ragtime, Tough Jews, president of ACTRA Toronto) for a musical collaboration of Cheri.
An aging courtesan named Lea (Theresa Tova) is performing a musical about her checkered past — passion, love and the ever important issue: what are the best fashion choices for a woman who is no longer young? During her performance Lea is triggered by the beauty of her young male accompanist (Dustin Peters) who reminds her of a lover from many years ago — Cheri.
Cheri deals with topics of women’s sexuality and aging while asking; what is the true nature of love? Why does a person fall in love with someone who could potentially hurt them or use them? Is there ever a time when one should intervene? Can you ever really stop yourself from falling for the wrong person, and if so, how?
Don’t miss this feverish femme-fatale spectacular!
- Cheri plays at the Al Green Theatre. (750 Spadina Ave.)
- Tickets are $13, including a $2 service charge. The festival also offers a range of money-saving passes and discounts for serious Fringers.
- Tickets can be purchased online, by telephone (416-966-1062), from the Festival Box Office at Scadding Court (707 Dundas St. W.), and — if any remain — from the venue’s box office starting one hour before curtain.
- Content Warning: Mature language.
- This venue is barrier-free. Note that only certain building entrances are wheelchair-accessible. Accessible seating is in front of the front row.
- Be aware that Fringe performances always start exactly on time, and that latecomers are never admitted.
- Wednesday July 4th, 10:30 pm
- Saturday July 7th, 12:00 pm
- Sunday July 8th, 5:00 pm
- Monday July 9th, 8:30 pm
- Tuesday July 10th, 9:00 pm
- Thursday July 12th, 7:30 pm
- Sunday July 15th, 1:45 pm
Photo provided by the company